Let’s face it: lodging tax returns is not exactly an easy thing to do. In fact, many people despise doing this, especially when tax season comes. As 30 June approaches every year, the stress mounts.

But it isn’t something to worry about. There are ways to make lodging your tax returns and paying any resulting tax debt easier. Read on for the basics.

Girl and Boy lodging tax return

How To Pay Your Income Tax?

The Australian Taxation Office (ATO) accepts payments by credit or debit card. Make sure that you have a correct payment reference number (PRN) so that your payment is forwarded to the correct account. To make sure the details are correct, work with your bank before paying.

You can also pay online through the Australian Government’s EasyPay service, which you can find in the ATO website.

How To Know How Much Tax You Owe?

Check your myGov account linked to the ATO to check how much you have to pay. There, you will also find due dates for payment and your PRN.

Man reading tax return documents

How To Lodge Your Tax Return?

If you have an existing myGov account linked to the ATO, you can lodge your tax return easily online through myTax. If this is your first time, though, you first need to create a myGov account and link it to the ATO. Here are instructions from the official website of the ATO.

Lodging Your Tax Return Through A Registered Tax Agent

If you’d rather not do the work yourself, you can hire a registered tax agent and have them lodge the tax returns for you. With a professional tax return accountant like Perth Mobile Tax, you don’t need to worry about improper filing or paying the wrong amount of tax. The accountants will deal with the details; afterwards, you will just have to pay what you owe.

Avoid the hassle of filing your own income tax returns. Contact Perth Mobile Tax today for a consultation.