About this Offer
Many people have been into trouble financially due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Some may have even lost their jobs and are struggling to put food on the table. You may also be worried about your own financial situation.
The good news is that the Australian Government has an initiative that lets you get your supers earlier. You can now claim up to $20,000 right now, tax-free.
Am I Eligible?
Both permanent and temporary residents of Australia and New Zealand have eligibility for claiming this benefit. Individual criteria that make you qualified are shown below.
- Currently unemployed
- Working hours reduced by 20% or more
- Sole trader who cannot do business or lost 20% or more of revenue
- Receiving jobseeker, parenting, special benefit, or farm household payments
- Holding a student visa for 12 months or more
- Holding a temporary skilled work visa with currently zero working hours
- Holding a temporary resident visa and does not have enough for living expenses
When you apply, you don’t need to present documents to prove that you are in one of these situations. But it’s advisable to keep them handy in case the Government wants to confirm your information.
To apply, log in to your myGov account and make sure it’s linked to the Australian Taxation Office (ATO). Also, check your super balance to know if you have enough funds. Then, follow the instructions on the section entitled “Intention to access coronavirus support”.
Applications will open on 20 April. By this time, you can then lodge your requests online. You can get up to $10,000 for two financial years – one for 2019-2020 and another for 2020-2021. The application dates are:
- Year 1: 20 April to 30 June 2020
- Year 2: 1 July to 24 September 2020
We understand that all of this might be intimidating. If you need any help with the application process, call your accountant friends at Perth Mobile Tax. We will assist you in getting the financial assistance you need in this trying time.
Dial 1300 001 829 now and let us know what you need.